Thursday, October 18, 2007

A few of my favorite things...

I celebrated my 28th birthday at the end of last month and I am officially feeling old. I'm not sure exactly why that is but oh well! This birthday was however, one of my best. My husband went all out on the gifts which earned him major points! With the help of my party planner sister(more like under the direction of my sister), he threw me a surprise party, at which I was very surprised! I wanted to show you a few of my gifts because they were awesome! Matt was walking through Costco, the day before my birthday of course, when he saw this giant jewelry box (I'm not kidding I think I could probably fit Marshall in there). He had noticed that I had my jewelry in bowls and kind of all over the place so he thought I could use a nice place to keep it all. I think it was actually saying, "Here's something to put all the crap in that's taking up space in the bathroom!" Just kidding it was a very thoughtful gift and I loved it!
The next gift was this killer pot rack which we hung above our mini stove. If you didn't know, we are living in a studio apartment and although it's quite spacious for a studio, it's still a little tight. Anyways I wanted to hang my pots on the wall because I hate having them in the kitchen drawers since I used them so often. A couple weeks ago I put hooks on the wall and hung them all up. It didn't really look that good so Matt went out and found this little treasure. Again more points!
The last two pics are of Marshall's area of our place! I wanted to show off the cute Pottery Barn vintage baseball crib stuff that I found super cheap a couple months ago. I did make the bedskirt for the crib just in case you're wondering!:) Next to the crib is the gorgeous changing table/dresser that my dad made me before Marshall was born. It was his baby gift to us and I love it. We didn't know it but it ended up matching our crib. The crib was a gift to us from Matt's mom, grandma and brother! Well now that you've been given a small tour of our humble abode maybe you feel like you've been here! I hope so! Love to you all!







1 comments:

AZChelsea said...

Man, I could really use a jewelry box like that! Mine is overflowing and too small! Beautiful furniture! You're dad is very talented in wood craft....it's like my Uncle Fred...must be a firefighter thing!
Love you!