Saturday, April 26, 2008

New pics and a porter update!

I can't believe it was snowing last weekend and today it's beautiful and sunny outside! Marshall and I took a little stroll to the park this morning and had some fun playing in the grass!

This was the sad look I got while he was cooped up in his stroller but once I let him out...

...happy as a clam!
Marshall is attempting to run after a dog that was walking past us! He's really into animals right now! We have a stray cat that has been coming onto our porch and Marshall goes crazy when he plays with him through the window. Don't worry I'm not letting him near the cat...only through the glass can he see his "kitty"!
Our first attempt at eating a flower...
And this is my latest project around my house! We have these amazing windows up by the ceiling that let so much light in and they are fabulous during the day. However in the early am, like 6 o'clock in the morning it's not so fun to have light pouring into your bedroom. Also Marshall goes to bed around 8pm and now that summer's coming it's staying light outside later and later. All that to say, we needed some curtains so I made some!

I have some new blog friends now and I thought I would just give a quick run down of our lives right now for those that I haven't talked to in a while!

My husband Matt and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary last week! It has been a crazy two years! Marshall came just a year after we had been married and has forever changed our lives! Definitely for the better! I'm able to stay home with Marshall and I am so thankful for that! Last August along with a couple friend of ours, we decided to start a younger style church here in dowtown Salem! That has been an amazing journey and the church is doing awesome! We meet in an old historic theater downtown, actually it's where Matt and I got married! Pretty cool. So that has been a huge growing experience for us and we're definitely learning alot! Our church website is http://www.outwardchurch.com/ if you're interested in seeing what we're all about!

Matt is also doing part-time construction work to help pay the bills! I am going to be doing some wedding coordinating and assisting this summer with a Design Co. here in Salem and I'm really excited about that. It will be here and there so that will be great with Marshall and will bring in a little extra income! We all know about that right?!!

So life is good, my sister Heidi also had a baby 2 mos after I did so that has been really fun as well! Parents are still in Gresham but we're trying to convince them to move to Salem! We'll see:) So there you have it, the life and times of the Porter family!

2 comments:

Britney said...

Love the update! Thank you Chris. :-) Marshall is getting SO BIG!! Cutie. Love you guys.

Faith said...

Great update! Everything sounds great with you Chris. I think the last time I saw you was at Heidi's wedding. I was so bummed I couldn't make it to yours. Does Esther Poole go to your new church? I believe she was at your wedding. If you do see her will you tell her I say hello. We went to Good Shepherd School together and were best friends for a few years..I love that girl! Say hi to your family as well. Your son reminds me of your dad in that second picture. I love your family and have such fond memories of you guys. Everytime I think of Man From Snowy River I think of you guys in your house on 6th St. was it? And your mom explaining to us why the horse died:) I also LOVED your upstairs bedroom with the curains on your "hidden" beds..SO cool!