Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Anniversary Trip!

My oh my how fun to leave my child with grandma and grandpa overnight! I must admit it's my first time! And the next time will be soon!!! Jk...anyways Matt and I had such a wonderful time over the last couple days.
I started off our time by going to get a pedicure! So relaxing. Then we headed off to Portland. We stayed at Comfort Suites up by the airport and it was actually really nice. We got a great deal on the room so that made it even better. We went downtown to do a little shopping and see where the night took us. Then we strolled around a little bit and found this awesome guitar shop where we spent a good 45 minutes checking out vintage guitars...my husband was in heaven! We hit a movie and then grabbed dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery.
Then this morning I got to sleep in until 9am!!! For those of you with children you understand what an amazing gift that is! We had belgian waffles at the continental breakfast and lounged around until we had to check out. Then we of course hit Starbucks and then headed to IKEA. Matt had never been there and he made it a whole hour in the store. Then we were dying to see Marshall so we headed back to my parents house. Marshall was pumped to see us!
All in all it was a fantastic time for us...2 years and going strong! Enjoy the pics...I'm terrible at asking people to take our picture so you'll see a few close ups!

My pedicured toes...
Driving to Portland...
Still driving...
Dinner at Rock Bottom

I took a picture of us right before this but forgot it was on zoom so I got half of each of our faces:) I obviously am not showing that one...

My husband looking very much awake

I'm so glad I'm getting coffee...

And welcome home Marshall!

6 comments:

AZChelsea said...

glad you guys had fun! Isn't it so nice to have a night alone? I almost can't believe it took you this long to have him sleep over with the grandparents! Maybe I should have told you long ago about that little secret....although by the end of the 24 hour period, my heart ACHES for asher! I think that pic of Marshall just might be one of my all time favorites! SOOOOOOOOO cute!

Kesha Thomas said...

Fun! I have yet to leave Cohen over night! Hopefully soon though. Happy anniversary!

The Toms said...

Congrats on the 2 years!! it looks like you guys had a great time, i'm so glad you got to get away. that is one thing i am really looking forward to coming home from miami, overnighters and g&g's, love the kid but can't wait!!

Unknown said...

Chelsea is right, that picture of Marshall is fantastic. It was so great having him around the last couple of days. I am amazed at how smart he is. We were sitting in the chair in mom and dads room and he was picking up his bottle and shaking it a bit. So I pointed to the chest where it was and said, "Back" a couple times, and he totally put it back! When can we all hang out again?

Britney said...

YAY two years! Congrats you two, how exciting. I love the pics... miss you guys.

Faith said...

CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!! I found Lauree Austin's blog which led me to Tiffany's which led me to YOU! (I love blog stalking!!!) I am sooo glad I found you. Your son is absolutely handsome! I would love to keep up with you through your blog..if you don't mind can I add you to my links? I recently went private with my blog so if you have any interest in seeing mine email me at faith.hardin@gmail.com and I'll "invite" you. I can't wait to read on..where are you living? YAY! Take care old friend!!