Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A vacation...kind of:)

My parents had been on a little trip to Hawaii this past week and so we decided to go and stay at their house for a couple days! We had been wanting to get away as a family for a bit and it was the perfect place to go. We got up there Tuesday afternoon and just spent most of the day hanging out. Marshall built with blocks (which he is enamored with currently), Reagan took a nap, not sure what Matt did:) and I made cookies. My parents came home late Wednesday night so I thought my dad would like a little chocolate chip cookie homecoming...I was right:)
On Wednesday we got up and headed downtown Portland to OMSI. We had never taken Marshall there and I can't even remember the last time I was there. Anyways they have this great area for kids 2-6 and Marshall had a blast. He play in the sandbox, built more blocks, and played in this stream type thing with boats. Check out his little water cape!
It wasn't a super long time but it was definitely quality time both for Matt and I and our family. I'm so thankful for my parents...they are so generous!
Things continue to be busy for us mostly with the church. Can't remember if I posted about out new building?! Anyways, the first of June we moved into a new building in Salem. The old place just wasn't meeting our needs any longer. We got more square footage, full time use and cheaper rent with the new building! It's been a TON of work as we've had to remodel several things on the place but people have really stepped up and helped out. We are LOVING the new place. God has definitely moved mountains to make this all become a reality. I think there are some pics on our website. www.outwardchurch.com
Okay until next time...enjoy the 100 + degree weather!














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, it's cruel to put pictures of such delicious looking cookies on here. :) Great pics, Chris-some really cute ones of you! I can't believe how smiley and talkative Raegan is! Such a smart girl.

Britney said...

How much fun! Chris you are so gorgeous!!!!

JVH said...

chris! i am lovin Marshalls hair! how cute is he? he looks so much older even since reagans been born.
thank you very much for my nursing cover! you are a-mazing :))
we are planning on being up there in 2 weeks..lets plan a playdate :)
hope you are all keeping your self cool. i hope the weather cools off by the time we get into town...
xoxo

AZChelsea said...

such fun! that place, OMSI, looks so cool! Okay, I love that picture of you and Matt...so nice! Have a told you recently how beautiful you look and how gorgeous your kids are? ;) Miss you! I got your message and I will call you this Monday or tuesday! HUGS!