Saturday, July 18, 2009

I love my job...

...as a mom! Some days being a mom is tiresome and draining...other days are refreshing. Today was one of the refreshing ones. We all slept in after a late night last night at the Haynes for a BBQ. I took the kids to Target and Costco to grab a few things today while Matt was working on his message. Then it was home for naps. Marshall just started taking naps in his "big boy" bed. He's gone down without a peep and hasn't even gotten out of his bed, he goes right to sleep. Honestly I cannot believe it. I've been dreading the whole transition to a toddler bed but he's done so great. I'm not ready to switch to nightime yet...I like knowing he won't get out while I'm sleeping:)
Anyways both the kiddos slept for a while this afternoon and I got to sit down and read a magazine! I did the dishes and laundry too, but a magazine...it was wonderful!
Then our wonderful babysitter Britney came over (Marshall calls her Britey) and Matt and I went on a date! Best Little Roadhouse, coffee and a walk...perfect date night! And here I sit, both kids in bed, just finishing up Law and Order, drinking my water and about to start working on a blanket I'm making for Marshall. Life is good...

I snuck in to check on him and I found him hanging off the bed! But sleeping none the less...


Ah my sweet little girl, she's smiling and talking all the time now.
Can't believe those blues!

Marshall at the Haynes house with his "weerbear". (That's his interpretation of wheelbarrow)

And lastly Marshall is sitting "just like daddy" on the couch with his keyboard. My dad fried his keyboard during a coffee spilling so he gave it to us so we can practice Marshall's letters. Marshall loves it. Thanks papa:)

4 comments:

AZChelsea said...

oh I love this post! It makes me so excited for baby boy to be born! Marshall is such a big boy and that's just awesome that he has made that transition with no problem....I'm sure he will surprise you at night too! You are such a wonderfully good mom!!!

Emily said...

I can't believe how big Marshall is. He looks so big in that last picture! It seems like yesterday that he was a jowly little baby that I got to hold. :)

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet. Glad you got a night out-woohoo! :)

Britney said...

Awww thanks for the shout out, Chris! I loved these photos, showed them to my mom with the preface of "Look at Raegan. I may pass out, she's so cute."
I love your babies!