Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Bear bears"....also known as blueberries

It's blueberry season again and I LOVE fresh blueberries! Marshall's translation of blueberries is "bear bears".:) I love toddler language...
I had been a little nervous to take him because I wasn't sure how he would do. However, he did great and I think he might have picked a decent blueberry or two. He tried scooping them out of my bucket into his, little rascal, and I'm sure he ate several but who wouldn't expect a two-year-old to consume a few! Here a few pics of our time!
I think he was just being silly before a meal!


Marshall and daddy reading a Saturday morning story. Have any of you ever heard of the book "Skippy John Jones"? I can't read the book because it has the cat talking in a funny accent and I feel completely embarassed just trying to read it out loud to my child. Matt, however, thinks it's hilarious and did great! Also please note Marshall's doggie slippers...pretty sure it was 100 degrees that day!
And last but not least, Matt teaching Marshall about the construction of a block house:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay-good job! Next time you go let us know!
Such cute pictures...I can totally relate to the feeling silly when reading--it's good for us. :)

Wardgirlz said...

Marshall looks so cute! He is getting so big, i still cant wait to meet Reagan sometime :)

AZChelsea said...

Picking bear bears sounds so fun!! Marshall looks like he had a blast! I can't believe how hot it has been there! It's the closest you'll ever get to Tucson like weather! I think today reached 107! yikes! I love those pics of Matt and Marshall...what awesome dad moments!

The Cummings Family said...

I Love Skippyjon Jones!!!!! I have 4 of his books! Marshall is super cute.