Friday, June 20, 2008

Element 5

My sister has been a massage therapist for the last 5 years. She has been working out of other businesses and renting spaces from other people since she started. Just this last week she made the move out onto her own! I'm so proud of her and her space is absolutely gorgeous!
She's calling her business Element 5. The five is actually the symbol of being to the 5th power but I couldn't get blogger to pull the five up any higher! It stands for the five elements...fire, earth, wind, rain and I can't remember the last one...oh well.
Anyways Matt and my dad helped her building the arbor like thing on the celing, which actually holds the bars she uses for the type of massage she does while walking on people's backs! If you've never had a massage like that you must try one! Anyways she has basically transformed this small empty room into a beautiful and relaxing environment. Let's just say I can't wait for my first massage!
And I must say that I helped with the chair! I had this gorgeous old Queen Anne style chair that was badly in need of a recovering. I can't fit it in my house right now and I had some swanky orange paisley fabric that I thought would look fabulous over it. I tried it and it works perfectly to match her space. Don't look too closely at the sides as I didn't have enough fabric to cover the entire thing:) Once we angled the chair in the corner and put up a little coffee table you couldn't even tell!
I love decorating and creating...it inspires me!
Anyways if you're here in Salem you must go see her and if not then I'll just let you be jealous!:) Just kidding!
Way to go sis!






2 comments:

AZChelsea said...

I love it! Everything looks fabulous! I'm proud of Heidi too! It takes a lot to make and create your own business! I bet she really appreciated all your help Chris! I LOVE the chair!

Britney said...

Go, Heidi, Go!! That's so exciting...
I love the chair by the way! Great fabric!!