Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day at the Neely's

Matt had a two day conference this past Thursday and Friday so Marshall and I went to my parents house! Matt met us back at the house Friday afternoon and we actually stayed until Sunday morning. It was like a mini-vacation for me! I got to have some one on one time with my good friend Tiffany over Starbucks, Matt and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie, and my mom woke up with Marshall and fed him breakfast on Sunday morning! For all you moms you know what a treat that is! I still don't even know what day it is around here...it's taken me a little bit to get back into our routine.

Sunday afternoon we celebrated Matt's brother Tim's birthday and then headed off to a great night at Outward! Monday we had lunch with Matt's fam, took a trip to Starbucks, and took the kids to the park! Such an amazing weekend!

And we have lots of pictures to share...I'll just narrate them as we go since they are all a little random!



Here's Marshall showing off his new camoflauge rainboots drinking out of my water bottle!



Mr. Cheesy grin! He loves being on the couch by himself...I think it makes him feel independent.

Marshall had his very first experience gardening this weekend as well. He was very into the watering can...when we took it away to fill it back up again he would scream! We finally figured out to let him help fill it back up as well...they love to be a part of the process.


After this bath that didn't really clean anything off of this baby we headed for the bathroom to take a nice bath. I left the water running and draining because I was just trying to get all the dirt off of him. Well I stood him up to clean him off and he leaned forward and pushed the shower knob...water comes spraying out of the nozzle on both of us! I was wet and he looked a little surprised and a little pleased!

Marshall and Deakan lounging in the new matching chairs that Grandma got them! With their matching spatula toys as well:) Why do we buy these kids toys when anything from the untensil drawer will work just fine?

Just hanging out with Uncle Tim and Grandma Sharon's house on Sunday afternoon!
A long weekend for both my men!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!



6 comments:

Endearing Studios said...

Seriously! The pics of Marshal in your shoes are great! I know the Porter Boys had to love that one! =)

Kesha Thomas said...

Chris, loved the blog! I love when Cohen falls asleep like that, it's VERY rare for us! She is not a cuddler :-( All that talk about Starbucks, I'm going to have to get one ASAP! Ps. Thanks for the encouraging verse. I LOVE Psalms 86! Oh so refreshing to read.

AZChelsea said...

oh man, all the pics are too adorable. Sounds like a few days in portland was a great quick vacation! I laughed outloud about the pic with Marshall in your shoes! Hilarious....I love that you let him play in the garden dirt...what a fun mom! That's what I'm about!

KeriAnn said...

Marshall looks like such a boy's boy. I especially liked the dirty onsie and the spraying him off with the hose. haha, every boy should go through that more than once.
Good for you getting that mini vacation.
also, your comment on my blog made me laugh about the sewing. Is it a phenom? or are we old? or what?
:)
Blessings
KeriAnn

lizhoweth said...

Hey Chris!

Thanks for saying hi! Haha, I looked at your blog a couple weeks ago! Faith sent us all an email saying how excited she was to have found your blog and told us all to take a look. It was so fun seeing family pictures and what you guys are all up to these days! But I guess I'm more of the stalker type who just views peoples' blogs and doesn't say hi =)

Your little boy is so cute! It's amazing how much our lives are changing at this stage. The last time I saw you was probably, what, 4 years ago? And now we're both married and you have a kid! I work at Golden Gate Seminary right outside of San Francisco. It's fun but we don't really want to live here for the rest of our lives.

Where is your hubby a pastor at? Again, thanks for saying hi!
Elizabeth
p.s. good choice on the blog template =)

The Toms said...

I love the new update, you motivate me, mine needs some serious work. Great pics, love the mud in the garden, i'm gonna have to show my mom, she'll get a kick out of that. I can't wait to get the boys together it will be so much fun!!! Soon very soon, great getting together with you the other day, oh so much good conversation without any interuptions, just what i like:)