Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Zoo again!

Every time I have gone to update my blog lately I realize that all our current pictures are on Matt's computer. So today I finally have a few minutes to update!

We are back up at my parents house as Matt is helping my dad finish reside the house. They have been working very hard on getting it done before winter! Marshall has been sleeping for two hours now, although I can't believe he's still asleep since the whole house is shaking. I just made some yummy chocolate chip cookies so the kitchen smells wonderful!
These pics are a little random. My mom and I took Marshall to the Gresham Teddy Bear parade the last time we were here and Marshall loved seeing all the floats but his favorite part was seeing the horses!
Then Matt was gone at a conference for a week so we went up to the zoo the day after he got back for some great family time. It was a beautiful day and it was $2 Tuesday so it only cost us $2 vs. the $11 it would normally cost each of us! Crazy...it actually wasn't that busy so it was a perfect day to go. Since Marshall is getting older and recognizing the different types of animals is was way more fun this time than the last time we went!
Hope all is well...
A very cheesy cheese!
Marshall's favorite thing to do at my parent's house is raid the cupboards...
Matt and Marshall at the carrousel.
Heidi and I needed to go to a store at the mall but it wasn't open yet so we found alternate entertainment:)
Looking at the sheep at the zoo.
Marshall is very into riding horses lately.
So I'll explain the hair. He got yogurt in his hair during breakfast and I washed it out but his hair just stayed like this!
Just like daddy!
Okay I wish this picture would have come out clearer but this was the black bear exhibit and the bear was walking back and forth up to the window. The bear was eye level with Marshall and he was obviously impressed. He actually back away from the window a bit when the bear got close. I would probably do the exact same thing if I were his size:)

2 comments:

Endearing Studios said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I love the hair!!!!!! Next time I am out there I need to do a photo-shoot with the rocker hair.

The Pilgrims said...

Chris - what a gorgeous boy you have! I had fun catching up on your blog... sorry I haven't visited for a while! Things have been crazy here - getting ready to move back to WA!! (At the end of Dec). Not sure if you heard the news - but we'll be having one of our own little "cute" things someday soon... well, the due date is March 29, so a bit more patience and Baby Pilgrim will be here! :) Hope all is well with you and your fam!
x Becky