Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Fair!

A couple weeks ago my mom came down to Salem and took Heidi and I out on a little girls night. We went to dinner, Starbucks of course and then over to Target to do a little shopping. It was a great treat for the both of us and we had a great time with our mom!


As promised here are the pics from the fair. I haven't been able to find my camera for the last couple weeks and wouldn't you know I found it this morning in the exact place it's supposed to be. It was just covered up by some stuff! This better not be the pregnancy talking already:)

I don't normally share super personal stuff on my blog...not sure why, I just don't normally. Anyways the last couple weeks have been a little rough on me as I feel like the Lord is testing my faith in some ways. Just this morning I took Marshall to the park and carrousel and we saw a little boy whose head was deformed an he had definitely had some operations on his brain. He was a sweet boy but it reminded me that I have so much to be thankful for. A dear friend of mine was telling me that we don't normally have to look very far to find someone worse off than we are. Not that we look for others to be struggling but it's a good reminder to me that everyone deals with something. Anyways, it's just been a reminder to me that God is in control of our lives and he promises that he will give us the strength we need to accept our portion in life. Takes a little weight off my shoulders!
So those are my deep thoughts of the day:) Take care!

Girls night out!

Grandma chanting "We're going to the fair" with Marshall and Deakan on our way to the fair!

Don't worry about the fence Marshall, just go right in!

Being nice to the goat!
And now we're biting the donkey ears...I did a little mouth washing after the petting zoo!
Playing the drums!
Why can't I ride this one?
A horse just my size!

This would be one lame reason to get arrested:)

7 comments:

Faith said...

I know, it was so fun to see your dad! I seriously love seeing you and Heidi in the blog world..it does me good to see little snippets of your whole family. You obviously all hold a special place in my heart!

I did know you are prego, your dad told me but I didn't say anything because he said no one knew yet:) CONGRATS! That is so exciting. I will admit, the adjustment in the beginning is tricky, but you get used to having 2 so quickly! It's fun! I'm so happy for you guys.

I would love to see you. We still need to try and get our fams together, at least the girls. my email address is faith.hardin@gmail.com..that is the best way to get hold of me. Email me if you know you are going to be around and then we can exchange numbers over email in case any weirdos try to steal my number off of here:)

Take care!

hay.joy94 said...

Congrats...YOURE PREGNANT! Im so excited for you! Whens your due date?
wardgirlz*

AZChelsea said...

okay....I loved your moment of being serious and then it was followed up buy HILARIOUS pics of Marshall!!! I was laughing out loud at the biting, riding and playing drums pics....I can picture him doing all of that because that's just HIM!!! What a cutie! Both the boys are getting so big...I love your mom....she looks so content riding in between them on the way to the fair. Miss you!

AZChelsea said...

I'll give you $5 in your birthday card if you notice what stupid word I spelled wrong in my first comment.....

KeriAnn said...

Hi Lady! Hey, CONGRATULATIONS on the news of a new baby.
What joy!
Blessings your way,
KeriAnn

AZChelsea said...

hey, I know we already spoke today but happy birthday again and I hope your massage was wonderful! Did you get my card?

KeriAnn said...

Chris, I was wondering if I could get your email. I think you may be interested in a newsletter I get for minister's wives, and I'd love to send it to you.
My email is under our "about me" section on our blog.
If you're interestd write me.
Thanks,
KeriAnn