Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have a confession...

I own a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. I did not say that I bought them, because I did not, rather a wonderful generous woman who has been used by the Lord to bless us in numerous ways gave them to me. I could have gone my whole life without owning an expensive pair of shoes but now that I have them, I really like them:) Once my husband found out how expensive they are he wanted to sell them on ebay...I said, "get behind me satan."
I'm not a big name brand person but I do like quality things. I love my Jimmy Choo's. I am not, however, one of those people who only bring them out for special occasions. I wear them often and in many situations. I wore them out in the backyard playing with the kids the other day. I think about my shoes sometimes the way I think about life. Follow me here...many of us have been blessed by the Lord with possesions, spirtual gifts or any number of things you could imagine. If we don't use what we have then why should we have been given them in the first place? I'm a perfectionist but I want to live my life to the fullest and most times that means things are going to be messy. Both in my house and in our lives:) We must learn what it means to live fully and use what God has given us...even if it's messy:) Thanks for listening to my random thought for the day!

Marshall presenting me with a few dandelions...

I did remove this leaf from her mouth just after I took the pic:)

My Jimmy Choo's. In the the tractors and the mud:)

5 comments:

Kesha Thomas said...

They are VERY cute! But I don't think I would wear mine in the mud ;-) Good perspective. I've been struggling with the idea of allowing my house to be messy (it sounds really silly) but it really does create so much anxiety and stress in my heart! God definitely wants us to give it up and live!

AZChelsea said...

the kids are gorgeous as always. You're right...I did laugh outloud! I'm on Matt's side...put em on Ebay and you could do a lot with that money....you'd be able to afford Starbucks for like a YEAR! ;)
I'm not one for designer stuff either...at least I don't have the money for it...maybe if I did, than I would be more into designer labels and such but I have to say I am with Kesha too...if I did own Jimmy Choes I don't think I would have them anywhere near mud girl! What a wonderful gift to be blessed with though and they are cute! Good talking with you and the kids for a little bit today!

Unknown said...

The fashion world would have your head for such nonsensical talk!! (and then they would throw away your shoes) But I really like it. :) I also like how you turned fashion into a spiritual lesson; it's been hard for me lately to see God in the little things.

It was so good to see you and the kids yesterday. I'm glad you're the kind of mom who lets her kids get dirty and eat leaves. :) Love you so much!!

Jenny vick said...

I love it! I also think I would keep mine from the mud..but to each his/her own right? Being a pastor's wife here..I understand being a fashion loving girl on a tight budget! I wear my designer jeans with pride...because I didn't by them..i have super amazing people in my life who do nice things for me and make me feel special :) nothing wrong with that. Although...nothing fancy is being worn these days..i'm lucky I fit into anything! 6 weeks and counting for Eli!

Anders Branderud said...

Hello!
You wrote: “I'm a perfectionist but I want to live my life to the fullest and most times that means things are going to be messy. ”

I also want to live my life to the fullest and want to help you accomplish your desire. In order to live ones life to the fullest one must follow the Creator.

Ribi Yehoshua – the Messiah – taught how to follow the Creator.
It is highly relevant for Christians whom want to follow the Messiah to know what was written in his authentic teachings. His authentic teachings were later redacted into the “gospel of Matthew”. In his true teachings one finds that he taught – just what is written in the Jewish Bible (which Christians calls the “GT”) – that humankind are required to do their utmost to keep the directives in Torah [“the books of Moses”] non-selectively. These statements are proved in the website of Netzarims website

Thus you need to make a big redirection in your life to start living as the Creator desires of you – to the fullest according to His purpose.

Relating to the Creator exactly in the same way Ribi Yehoshua did – by observing the Creators directives in the Torah is very meaningful –including having a REAL relation to the Creator , which is highly meaningful!

Anders Branderud