Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Please join me in welcoming my thirties...

It's true. My twenties are over. Wow do I sound old? Today I turned 30. A new decade to begin. I'm actually doing quite well with it despite how morbid I might sound :)
One makes so many life changing decisions in their twenties and it seems like the thirties is where life gets played out...I've been doing some real soul searching as of late and I think it's been good for me!
My wonderful hubby, along with my sister and the rest of my family planned an awesome surprise party for me on Monday night! It takes a lot to surprise me apparently because I'm so nosy...I just like to know that I'm going to be surprised:) Can anyone else relate to me or am I just nuts??!
Anyways Matt and I went to dinner and coffee and then one of the guys from the church called and told him that they had broken a sprinkler head down at the church building and that water was everywhere...we had to get down there immediately Matt said. I was fully expecting to walk into a room full of water but when I walked in the place was decked out and tons of people yelled surprise when I walked in the door. Pretty sure I almost peed my pants. I was seriously shaking a bit because it literally scared me...good job guys! I am so thankful for my friends...
So here we go...a new chapter in my life, wish me luck:)


5 comments:

AZChelsea said...

Oh my goodness! I love it....I would have given anything to be there to surprise you too! So much fun! Kuddos to Matt! I hope you got my message today....you were probably out to dinner or something. I love you and Happy Birthday!!

Britney said...

Yay! Happy 30's, Chris! :) What a fun birthday party, your husband did awesome!

Anonymous said...

I really liked your thought about the decisions we make in the 20's get played out in our 30's. So very true. And....good luck :)

The Toms said...

Congrats!!! Wow, I can't believe we are 30, well actually i still have 20 more days left of my 20's:) If i'm honest, i really am mourning turning 30, time goes my so fast and its so precious. i am totally with you on the whole surprise thing, don't like it. love doing it for other people but not me. you looked fab though, nice work to your hubby parties can be a hard thing to pull off. we still need to get our families together here soon. miss you.

Jenny vick said...

Shut Up! I can't beleive your 30! You know..i am going to be there in a month. YOu have gone before me and paved the path...I'm not so scared anymore. I will look at it as a chance to be enlightened..and maybe purchase some wrinkle cream :)Happy Birthday