Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bath time and burp rags

I don't know about anyone else but I usually give Marshall a bath before bed. I'm not saying he gets one every night before bed but when he gets one it's before bed:) So he has his bath and then I dry him off and send him, without any clothes of course, into the living room to see Matt. When I put him down and send him out, he runs faster than I've ever seen him run, jumps up onto the couch, and begins jumping up and down screaming and laughing all the while. It's like there is a sense of freedom that comes from being without clothing! The child seriously goes nuts...great bedtime routine I know. It's no wonder it takes him a while to fall asleep:) So this evening after I put him in his jammies, I was trying to take some pictures of the cute burp rags I just made for the new baby, and Marshall went a little camera crazy. He's never been this cheesy in front of the camera so I thought you'd like to take a peek! And you'll notice that even though I was repeatedly telling Marshall not to touch the burp rags he got one little finger in the shot. We are in the 'testing of my mommy's patience' stage!
So here are just a few shots of my son's personality as well as a little window into one of the many craft projects I am currently keeping myself busy with!
BTW - I am now 29 weeks prego with a due date still scheduled for May 21st but I think she'll be here early:)











6 comments:

Katie Zuniga said...

Did you get those PJ's at Costco because Alexander has the same ones?!

Emily said...

Oh man, what a little booger! He's definitely a Porter: overflowing with personality!

Sarah Officer said...

WOW! Marshall is so grown up Chris! Lots of teeth! Love the burp rags.

Britney said...

He's cracking me up!!!!!!!!
And..my word Chris, those burp rags are so darling!! Nice work. I need to learn to sew!

Unknown said...

I love these photos. I'm sitting at cafe d and grinning like an idiot. He brings me so much joy!

Love you.

The Toms said...

holy cow those are come chompers, hope your fingers haven't seen the better end...although come to think of it, curtis's face did:) the burp rags are adorable, i can't believe your having a girl!!! so exciting, i will be so interested to hear how it is different. i have been meaning to call you back, after i gave you such a hard time:)