Thursday, February 12, 2009

Provisions!

So the Lord has definitely been teaching our family what it means to trust in Him to provide for our needs! Over the last couple of months we have been blessed in some pretty crazy ways. First some friends of ours gave us a half of a cow's worth of meat! Our freezer is stuffed with ground beef, roasts, and steaks! I even had to put some of it in a friends freezer because ours way too full! My husband is a happy man:)
Next the sister in law of a good friend of mine was getting rid of all her baby girl things and she gave them all to me! I had two huge garbage bags full of girls clothing! Lastly a good friend of my mother in law goes to these last chance sales and Nordstrom and bought me a ton of clothes for Marshall and our baby girl on the way! I have more girls clothes right now than I know what to do with and I haven't had to spend a penny! These Nordstrom clothes are brand new, with tags still on them! I posted a couple pics of some of my favorites! I actually have more on the way so I might put a few more pics up later!
The verse in Matthew speaking of how we need not worry about what we will eat or what we will wear in ringing in my head right now! God is impressing on my heart how personal of a God he really is! My hubby likes steak and I like Nordstrom! Seriously though...He is a God who is able to do more than we can ask for or imagine.
My husband gave a great message at church this past week about being generous. He talked about some of our blessings and if you have time you should give it a listen! Here's the link
www.outwardchurch.com/blog it's the first message called Worldly Squalor or Heavenly Treasure. Just click on listen below that title! Enjoy!




I decided to try some swoopy bangs!







4 comments:

Kesha Thomas said...

Wow! What a huge blessing to you guys!Those clothes are darling! And as for the meat, that will last you guys a year! I bet Martha has some really good pot roast recipes!

Britney said...

Yay for God being the best provider in the world :o)

And you are so cute, love the bangs. It was fun hanging out the other day and feeling your baby's little body parts :-) Glad Marshall got to join in as well!

JVH said...

Wow Chris those outfits are darling! The Lord is a great provider isn't he! Little Reagan is going to look so cute in those clothes. Stacy did tell me that you are going to name her that, i love it! This summer we can have both our Reagan's meet ;)

the Skips said...

Praising God with you for His provisions! Thanks for sharing, Chris! He is so good.