Friday, November 21, 2008

A little early Christmas prep!

Now I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet but sometimes I feel like Christmas comes and goes so fast that I really want to enjoy the whole season this year. Thus leading me to start my Christmas projects early. We haven't had stockings up until this point because every time I looked at the stores I couldn't find something I liked or I thought was even worth what it was priced. So this year I decided to take matters into my own hands and create our very own stockings. And since I just finished them last night I couldn't very well just leave them in a box, no they needed to be up on the wall! So here is my first Christmas project! I have another cutout for the baby but we don't know the sex or name yet so we'll wait and add that one next year!






Just a little snapshot of Marshall. He likes to wear my running shoes, yes with his little ankles crossed, while he watches Veggie Tales!

Ps - For those of you, Chels, who have requested a pic of my belly to see what I look like prego right now, you'll have to wait until I look officially cute and pregnant! It might be a while....
It's so cute when you're pregnant with your first child and nothing is stretched yet. Not the case with the second one. Just look like I've put on a few pounds:)



8 comments:

Kesha Thomas said...

Hey, yes it was very fun to hang out yesterday! That's really cool Matt has taken that position! I'll be praying for your family and the continual success for Outward!

The pictures were actually on Jillian's camera. I will see if she can send them to me, or you could send her a note on facebook and I bet she'll e-mail them to you!
Pss. CUUUTE stockings! I was completely lazy and burned out on sewing so I decided to order mine from pottery Barn and have them embroidered. I kinda hate myself for doing it but they are pretty cute. Yours are adorable too! How fun. Handmade is best made in my mind!~

Melissa said...

Hmmmm...I think that actually means you're having a girl... ;-D

Hugs!
Melissa

Britney said...

Hey Chris!! Super cute stockings, nice work! And Marshall... too funny. He is so cute, I love his belly hanging out in those photos. I can't wait to see you next month! I'll be home in 27 days. Crazzzzy...
And I agree with Melissa, I sense it's a girl. We'll see soon though :-)

LOVE you!

Endearing Studios said...

LOVE the stockings!!!! Marshall's hair is getting so long!! =)

Faith said...

SOOOO cute! I want you to make me some:) I wish I could sew. And hey, I am all about early Christmas spirit, I start listening to Christmas music on November 1:) Those pics of Marshall are too cute. Isn't funny the quirky little habits they pick up?? Love it. How are you feeling these days??

AZChelsea said...

The stockings are very cool! I can't believe how long Marshall's hair is! Did someone forget how to use scissors? hehehe...just kidding. He's so stinkin' cute!
I guess I won't totally understand the whole "gained a few pounds" look until I am prego with my second so I guess I will just have to wait until YOU think you look cute. You're always cute to me!

Unknown said...

Seriously his hair is so long! It's cute, though. He looks so much different than from the last time I saw him, it's so strange how fast they grow and change. I'm excited to see you and the fam on Friday! Love you.

Unknown said...

And yes, it's a girl. :)