Monday, December 10, 2007

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

I'm so excited that Christmas is here! I just finished my shopping today! I can't wait to wrap all the presents but I know that Marshall will destroy them if I put them under the tree so I must wait! We did get our tree this past weekend and it was so fun. My aunt and uncle opened a tree farm this year so we went with my parents and cut down our very first tree! (Last year we got one from the lot in the Safeway parking lot...lame! Matt's learning a thing or two about traditions!) Anyways it was so fun and we love our tree. Marshall really likes it too! The first time he crawled over to it he grabbed it and yanked so hard the tree almost fell over! Now I put my footstool in front of the tree so he can't get to it!
My brother in law also got us this train that goes around the tree! Yesterday Marshall waited for it to go around a couple times before he pounced on it, but today it didn't even make it around all the way before he grabbed it off!
Life is busy right now but we're so excited for Christmas! I'm not sure if I've told everyone or not but we're going to Texas for a few days after Christmas to visit some of Matt's family! If you have any travel tips with kiddos for me, please let me know! Okay hope to hear from you all soon!




3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh...you're *Douglas Fir* people...

Just kidding! I don't really care what tree you get.

Marshall is so. stinkin'. cute. And getting so big! I was surprised that the last time I held him he would turn around and look at me when I talked. He's right on schedule according to my child development book!

The Toms said...

I'm so jealous!!! Cutting the Christmas tree is one of my favorite things to do, I wait for it all year. Marshall is too cute, can't wait to see you next week. I come home on thursday and I'll give you a call.

Jenny vick said...

oh my...I know I say this everytime but he is sooo cute! such a little boy in every way...attacking the train...those cute little outfits! adorable. :) Thanks for sending me your address...you'll see us soon in picture card form :) ha! So encouraging to know what you guys are up too and that it's going well! I'm not great at email..but keep me posted. Love you, jen