Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas and some crafts...

So 3 months w/o a blog post is better than 4 so here we go! We had an absolutely amazing Christmas season. Matt had a couple weeks off so we got to relax and do a bunch of things with our family! We took the kids on a train ride in Portland, attended a FABULOUS wedding of one of our old buddies kid free (thanks mom and dad!), hung out with some great friends and had lots of time with family!
Two days after Christmas I had all my decor put away, the garage cleaned and all the kids clothes organized for the next season...I think I might be doing a little bit of 'nesting':) Speaking of nesting baby #3 is due to arrive here in the next 4.5 weeks or so! This pregnancy has gone by so fast...my kids obviously keep me pretty busy! We're still undecided on a name:( Hopefully we'll pick one before we get to the hospital. Life is about to change again but I am excited to see what this next season holds. My theme for this year is to simplify things. In all areas of my life...not entirely sure what that will look like but I am excited to see what God has to teach my family and I as we transition from the Porter 4 to the Porter 5!
Thanks to all my friends who look at my blog and allow me to look at theirs even when I'm slacking on mine!

My favorite pic of the Christmas season! Marshall picked out his sweater:)

Lots of love going around here.

Reagan loved presents! Marshall did too but it was fun to see Reagan open them. Sorry about my feet being in the pic:(

LOVE Matt's expression in this pic:)

Oh how I love her smile:)

Finally had a chance to make a nursing cover for me!!

So here is the before picture of a huge project I finally decided to try! My mother in law gave me this queen anne chair a couple years ago and I have been wanting to recover it ever since. I was a little scared because I had never done something like this before but really wanted to use this chair once the baby gets here. So I decided to just go for it. With a little help and a lot of encouragement from my hubby here's the final outcome....

I am seriously in love with this chair! It's so comfortable and now looks beautiful in my living room! I bought the fabric on clearance a couple years ago and I think I only spent about $20 total in fabric and upholstery nails:)

Just a couple of accent pins:) Happy Sunday everyone!








2 comments:

Faith said...

okay, just stop making everything so cute! I love looking at your pics because not only do I get to see your adorable children, I get to spy on your cute house and try to get ideas:) Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas and can't wait to see baby #3!!

The Olive Grove said...

your kids are beautiful, your crafts are beautiful and I can't wait to see how beautiful baby #3 is! thanks for updating your blog....I always love reading it :)